In Finding Myself, Crystal Robinson tells her harrowing story of growing up in poverty in rural Oklahoma and navigating issues of poverty, racism, and her own sexual identity. Today, she knows that these circumstances gave her the strength to persevere and make it into the world of professional basketball. The determination that transpires through these pages is delightfully contagious.
Crystal is also a passionate advocate for mental health, LGBTQ+ issues, and she aims to spread a message of tolerance to heal the rifts in our society. Crystal always brings a fresh perspective to the table.
- Team culture: From her 13 years of experience as a coach, Crystal knows how to create a successful group culture.
- LGBTQ+ issues and bullying: Crystal has the key to owning your identity and taking steps against bullying.
- Emotional intelligence: Crystal has an uncanny ability to look through appearances and labels to see people for who they really are.
- Racism: Crystal has encountered a lot of racism, but has always known not to set herself up as a victim.
- The importance of failure: Crystal knows that failure paves the way to mastery. Successful people learned to pick themselves up and dust themselves off.